Ford Cliff Volunteer Fire Company Apparatus

Attack 81 2004 Ford F-550 4 Guys Mini Pumper

Attack 81 has seating for 5 and is the primary response vehicle for brush fires, car accidents, and smaller incidents.

It carries 300 gallons of water, has foam suppression capability and carries brush fire fighting equipment.

Former Engine 82 - Retired 10/20/2020 1990 FMC Pumper

Engine 82 is the primary firefighting apparatus and is scheduled to be replaced in August 2020.

It was built on a Ford "C" chassis with a Caterpillar 3208 diesel motor and a Hale single stage 1000 GPM pump.

Former Engine - (1958 - 1990) 1958 FWD

Pictured here is the Ford Cliff VFC’s second front-line pumper in it’s history. In 1958 The company voted to have FWD Corporation of Clintonville, WI build them a new pumper. The company chose FWD since, at the time, they were the only fire apparatus builder that offered a front-line pumper with an all-wheel drive chassis which was much needed since, at that time, much of the fire district was rural with very few improved roads which made responding to fires in the winter time difficult with conventional rear wheel drive apparatus. This apparatus served from 1959 until 1990 as “80 Unit 2.” When this unit was placed in service the Green Hornet was relegated to use as a brush unit until it was removed from service and sold in 1969. With its massive Waukesha 6 Cylinder gasoline motor paired with a Waterous 3-stage centrifugal pump the FWD, in its prime, was one of best pumpers to ever serve Armstrong County and operated at numerous major fires in our district and assisted at several major fires in Ford City and Kittanning Boroughs. It was eventually replaced, removed from service and sold in 1990.

Former Engine - (1940 - 1969) 1940 Chevrolet - Custom

The Ford Cliff VFC’s first front-line pumper know as "The Green Hornet." In 1940 the members voted to purchase a Chevrolet pick-up truck chassis from Shumaker Chevrolet in Ford City and have it converted into a fire pumper. The Green Hornet served with distinction from 1940 to 1969 when it was eventually retired and sold. In this photo it is situated in front of the recently opened station in the early 1950’s.